Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Remember When...

I have so many ways that I wanted to start this post that I still cannot decide how. I can tell you that I am excited for these memories. I have to say this posts picture may be a little NSFW.
The post idea came to me with two signs. First Calvin Klein just released a new batch of mens underwear advertisements last week meant to bring us back to the days of Marky Mark Wahlbergs Calvin Klein domination. Sources say the executives of Calvin Klein want Kellan Lutz (of Twilight fame) along with one of my favourites Mechad Brooks (Eggs from True Blood) to remake Marky Mark's iconic underwear campaign from the 1990s. Yes ladies a new batch of men...but it just made me think of the original one.
Calvin Kleins Fashion Week front Row

The next sign happened yesterday as I was sitting in traffic at the border, my feet throbbing from driving standard. I was exhausted and miserable. My girl Mona was controlling the music and had her IPOD switching songs every two seconds. She was getting annoyed at my mood so she put on the one song she knew would be get me moving. My favourite go to party song. I can't help but dance, not just any kind of dancing, the fromage kind of dancing. Mona soon regretted the song choice as I start dancing and the car beside us started pointing and laughing. But I did not care, nothing gets between me and my Marky Mark.

Yes this post is about remembering the one and only young Mark Wahlberg. Well I have to tell you I remember him every day when my phone rings because you know that Good Vibrations is the best ringtone ever.
He was a young bad boy poet,
"Now the time has come for you to get up
The rest had you fed up but Yo, I won't let up
On the rhythm and rhyme that's designed to
Make your behind move to what I'm inclinced to
Pure Hip Hop," Good Vibrations - Marky Mark and the Funky Buch
Good Vibrations was Marks only number one song. Soon after his rise to the top of the music game Mark quit to become an actor. He maintains that he never tried to do bothm instead he concentrated on one art at a time.
Young Mark was a mixed up teen, the tough guy of the neighbour hood (perhaps why women are drawn to him) the tough guy "thing" has led to his success in music and in films (think Max Payne, Four Brothers and the Departed).
Details magazine did a feature on Mark a few years ago and recounted his rise to teen fame.
"Ah, his past. Running the streets of Dorchester in Boston, stealing cars, robbing people, slinging drugs, menacing whatever unlucky soul strayed too close to him and his crew—with a 45-day hitch in an adult prison, at age 16, to show for his efforts. (He was convicted of assault after beating two Vietnamese immigrants during one very bad night in 1988.) Emerging from prison with a pumped-up physique, Wahlberg embarked on a highly effective rehabilitation program: a rap career, cooked up with the help of brother Donnie. Which begat the Dropping of the Trou; the Calvin ad; the autobiography, dedicated to his dick, that he never bothered to read; and, of course, Hollywood."  Source: http://www.details.com/celebrities-entertainment/cover-stars/200504/actor-mark-wahlberg-talks-entourage-four-brothers-and-the-departed
Ladies and men  lets take a few moments to remember Mark Wahlberg. Appreciate everything the Young Mark has given us


Calvin Klein Underwear Ads

NSWF
The Funky Bunches - Good Vibrations

There were other things like that Boston accent, those abs and that smile.

More recently Mark has turned into a family man and has become an amazing entertainer. He acts as exectuive producer on the series Entourage, a show losely based on his life in Hollywood as a young Marky Mark. And in 2006 co-starred in the action packed, Boston based movie, The Departed. Where he plays a cop, a role that finally place him on the otherside of the law.
The Recent
Entourage
more importantly Ari and Loyd

The Departed

Mark I just want to say thank you. Is there any stars out there that you love remembering? I know there is more than Mark who I love I just had to post about him because he kept coming up.

Until next time,
Cheers

2 comments:

  1. Sweet dreams for me tonight. Marky Mark is HOT. Thank you for the pleasant reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marky Mark is an excellent memory. I often reminisce about David Bowie circa The Labyrinth. The Goblin King has found a way into my heart. Weird.

    ReplyDelete